PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Cannot rename desktop icon - 9.04 KDE

scootre
May 2nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
I have icons on my Desktop in the 'desktop folder' space. I want to rename the icons but if I right-click and icon and select rename, the name field under the icon with flash into edit mode and back out of edit mode and that's it.

How do I edit icon names using the right-click context menu... without having to use the console or dig down via a file explorer like Dolphin?

Edit
I couldn't rename the icons even using the F2 key... then I realised this stupid bloody Microsoft Keyboard, with it's button to turn off/on the (F)unction keys (what the hell for, I do not know)... well, it was off. So anyway, editing with the F2 key does in fact work.

But there seems to be a bug in Kubuntu 9.04 that makes it unable to allow icon names to be edited on the desktop using the right-click context menu.

scootre
May 3rd, 2009, 06:09 AM
awesome

Monsieur Gonzalez
May 3rd, 2009, 01:18 PM
I cannot, either. It's not such a problem for me, since I no longer use the desktop folder and find myself using krunner for almost everything.

File a bug for this, so that it can be solved. In the meantime, just ctrl+f2, then dolphin and rename from there, I guess.

Pconfig
May 3rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
It does work for me when i lock my widgets. I think the bug is upstream (in KDE)