PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] What's a good 3D dynamic modelling tool?

bwallum
May 1st, 2009, 11:21 PM
Hi

I can't shake off my itch (see signature) and would like to model the egg timer shaped big bang. I would like to see what happens when equal and opposite 'lumps' are thrown apart and how they remix due to their mutual attraction (a sort of 'gravity').

Is there an application that I could use that I could define spacial parameters to 'lumps' and their interactions, then watch how they move in a 'video clip'?

Some of Ubuntu's screensavers come close to the sort of thing from a visual perspective, I think. What is used to make these dynamic screensavers?

Einstein was a great chap but it is time to move on to a polarised big bang, accept that light can travel faster than C relative to our observation point (but we will never see it because it is moving away from us) and take a look at the 'no thing we understand' before the big bang.

But I need to start somewhere....any 3D dynamic modeling tools that could be run on a normal Ubuntu pc to get me going?

Has this been done before (bound to, I would have thought)? If so any relevant contacts?

Thanks
Bob

Mortus Pryde
May 1st, 2009, 11:25 PM
I remember and old Apple? program that was like that. Hours of fun back then trying to get two masses to orbit etc. Would be soo cool to know the answer to this one.

bwallum
September 22nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
Try
sudo apt-get install planetsI'm trying to create a polarised explosion of about 100 particles to start with. This is on the path/points to others with a similar interest. Good fun too!

Chronon
September 22nd, 2009, 10:14 PM
Just curious: Usually cosmologists treat the universe as homogeneous and isotropic. What are the reasons for treating the Big Bang as dipole-like?

bwallum
September 23rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
Imagine an event where 'nothing' and I use the word in the sense that it is nothing we currently understand, creates two equal and opposite bundles of 'energy' then throws them apart, very fast, in opposite directions, such that if you recombine them you get 'nothing'.

Put aside any notion of religion and consider that the result would be our universe. If you are religious then you may like to colour the event, and interpret it, as a manifestation of your religion.

Then consider that Einstein proposed that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, largely because the smallest bundle of energy we know is the photon.

Then consider two halves separating at about the the speed of light such that 'relatively' they separate at twice the speed of light. We break Relativity at this point but I hope Einstein would cheer at the break.

Then consider being on the light beam that has been travelling in one direction. Would you ever see the light beam travelling in the opposite direction? I suggest not and that this simple mechanism could explain why gravity seems to be acting in a way where a lot more mass should be present than we 'see'. I suggest that mass is not seen because it was in 'the other half'.

So, in a nutshell, the Big Bang was not spherical in nature, but more like an expansion starting from the waist of an egg timer and forming two equal and opposite manifolds within which the polarised energy moved directly away from each other.

Think about cutting a magnet in two so quickly and throwing it apart such that one part was positive and the other part was negative (north and south if you like). Imagine that happening with many zillions of very small lumps of energy. Then imagine how they recombined.

Just a thought...