PDA

View Full Version : Do you still watch Saturday morning cartoons?

wsonar
May 1st, 2009, 08:46 PM
If so what is your favorite

Gota say I still love the humor of those turtles TMNT

they play TMNT back to the sewer and turtles fast forward where I'm at

just saw a post with someone that had a TMNT avatar so made me think of this

marco123
May 1st, 2009, 08:49 PM
There's a morning on a Saturday?

CharmyBee
May 1st, 2009, 08:51 PM
Sonic X.

jomiolto
May 1st, 2009, 09:17 PM
I don't have a TV, so: no :P

CJ Master
May 1st, 2009, 09:51 PM

You are now shunned for life. Leave us. :evil: ;)

eragon100
May 1st, 2009, 09:55 PM
Saturday evening:

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html

(well, I never watch TV, I watch them somewhere else. But I do watch bleach, code geass, and full metal alchemist, and death note too.)

Newuser1111
May 1st, 2009, 10:04 PM
I don't watch TV.

Zoowey
May 1st, 2009, 10:12 PM
I haven't actually sat down to watch TV in at least 3 years. The only time I get any exposer to TV is in the morning when I'm getting ready for school because my Mom watches the morning local news, so I just glance at it here and there while I'm getting ready.

Though I do watch a lot of what is considered TV programming like family guy, the simpsons, star trek, some movies and so on. But I watch them all on the internet.

lisati
May 1st, 2009, 10:17 PM
I haven't regularly watched Saturday morning programming for some years now. If I don't have some project I'm working on or I'm not spending time with the in-laws (they're into their "go to church on Saturday" stuff, it sometimes bores the socks off me [no offense intended, Mum]....oops dangerously close to talking about religion) I often spend time browsing the forums.

LowSky
May 1st, 2009, 10:17 PM
There's a morning on a Saturday?

LOL +1.. If you count Friday Nights that go to 4AM then yes.

RandomJoe
May 1st, 2009, 10:18 PM
Yes but no... I don't watch them on Saturday mornings. (I *am* up, usually at 5AM - just not watching cartoons!) I don't watch TV much unless the weather's getting exciting.

I just stick the entire series of whatever show I want to watch next into Netflix, then watch whole seasons at one go! :) I'm also more likely to get the Adult Swim stuff but have gotten shows like Animaniacs, Tiny Tunes, Pink Panther, Rocky and Bullwinkle...

My youngest nephew would probably never leave my house if I started getting TMNT... He's a freakin' addict of that show! :lolflag:

wsonar
May 1st, 2009, 10:23 PM
Yea I don't have cable right now so I enjoy some commercial tv

HULU is Awesome also I love the Daily Show

believe me I've had many all nighters on the computer and just plain partying ;)

but find my self in the M-f 8-5 rut
these day's

so no matter how I would like to stay uplate and sleep in it is almost impossible

tho there are always the special occasions :)

xpod
May 1st, 2009, 10:29 PM
Yup,Saturdays & Sundays.Mostly Peppa Pig at the moment.

kahunamahalo
May 1st, 2009, 10:32 PM
Yes, I am 51 years old and still watch good ones. Johnny Quest & Roger Ramjet were the best.

lisati
May 1st, 2009, 10:34 PM
Yes, I am 51 years old and still watch good ones. Johnny Quest & Roger Ramjet were the best.

Roger Ramjet he's our man, hero of our nation!!!!!!! Haven't seen that show for years!

kk0sse54
May 1st, 2009, 10:38 PM
I don't have time for TV

kahunamahalo
May 1st, 2009, 10:48 PM
Roger Ramjet he's our man, hero of our nation!!!!!!! Haven't seen that show for years!

Great cold war era cartoon. I've collected all that I could find on You Tube and coverted them, along with all the Johnny Quest episodes.

wsonar
May 1st, 2009, 11:06 PM
I don't have time for TV

Do you know who deadmau5 is or are you just using the avatar?

I assume you know who he is.

sorry being a DJ he has said some rude things to the Dj community that deserve a lifetime boycot

Namtabmai
May 1st, 2009, 11:35 PM
Another, I don't have a TV here. But it does remind me I need to pick up The Batman cartoons on DVD. :)

wsonar
May 1st, 2009, 11:36 PM
Wow and I thought HD development was going to bleed over into web and gui apps

I didn't realise so many people don't watch or own a tv

Namtabmai
May 1st, 2009, 11:41 PM
Not watching TV has nothing to do with the quality of the picture and everything to do with the quality of the program. When you're paying 140 pounds a year for a license, and realise you hate everything that's on... well you'd stop watching as well.

There are some good things about, but over a year it's cheaper for me to just buy them on DVD.

wsonar
May 1st, 2009, 11:48 PM
Not watching TV has nothing to do with the quality of the picture and everything to do with the quality of the program. When you're paying 140 pounds a year for a license, and realise you hate everything that's on... well you'd stop watching as well.

There are some good things about, but over a year it's cheaper for me to just buy them on DVD.

you have to pay a license to watch commercial TV in Europe?

Namtabmai
May 1st, 2009, 11:51 PM
In the UK yes, a license is required to watch any programs that are being broadcast live. The license fee pays for the national TV station ( the BBC ), and even if you don't watch it and only watch commercial stations ( Sky etc ) you still need to pay.

wsonar
May 1st, 2009, 11:58 PM
Wow that is interesting to know

In the USA

where switching to digital

so all commercial tv will be digital most all ready is so you need a new tv or converter box

but you still get HD commercial tv for free it's pretty cool comes in like having cable over rabbit ears

Namtabmai
May 2nd, 2009, 12:03 AM
Oh we have digital ( analog will be switched off in the coming years ) and HD is being experimented with. But as I said watching any TV in the UK requires a license.

Anyway, back on topic. When will Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors be released on DVD with English audio :(

SomeGuyDude
May 2nd, 2009, 12:27 AM
I love people on a message board claiming they don't have time to watch TV. If you're really that busy, you should be off doing whatever it is that's eating up all of your TV time.

Dragonbite
May 4th, 2009, 01:24 PM

I have a TV, but we don't have cable service or rabbit ears (not that they are supposed to work unless they are connected to a digital box).

toejamfootball
May 4th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I'm a huge fan of Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers, Arrgh Real Monsters, Doug.......... probably since they well all on TV for the first time when I was a kid...

forrestcupp
May 4th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I don't watch Saturday morning cartoons because they all suck compared to what was on when I was young. My little boy doesn't even watch them much.

Saturday mornings aren't even special anymore because we have about 10 channels that show cartoons 24/7. So, what's the big deal about Saturday?

Dragonbite
May 4th, 2009, 02:19 PM
saturday mornings aren't even special anymore because we have about 10 channels that show cartoons 24/7. So, what's the big deal about saturday?

+1

Orlsend
May 4th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I like Oggy and the Cockroaches (Hard to watch on TV now)

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/images/NoelMegahey/oggycockroaches5.jpg

Also I like the Pink Panther!

http://lmd64.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/the-pink-panther.jpg

Now days when theirs new Star wars:Clone Wars episodes,though they seemed to be halted for some reason.

wsonar
May 5th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I don't watch Saturday morning cartoons because they all suck compared to what was on when I was young. My little boy doesn't even watch them much.

Saturday mornings aren't even special anymore because we have about 10 channels that show cartoons 24/7. So, what's the big deal about Saturday?

for me I don't have to work Saturday's usually so I can have a cup of joe a little bizzy and relax with some silly humor before I start whatever it is I'm going to be doing.

also I don't have cable now but "most adult swim" is 2am type stuff
or animation like "family guy, simpsons" is more evening sitcom type stuff

LightB
May 5th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I've been known to watch Sonic and Kirby. :lol: It's better with the sound off or too low to understand while doing something else, though. It has a strange quality to it, maybe it's an imprint from my childhood.