PDA

View Full Version : NEW: IRC Meeting Interval

infocop411
May 1st, 2009, 04:35 PM
Please Comment on your Choice. Esp. if you picked other.

infocop411
May 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM
getting all members into one meeting is next to impossible.
one meeting, but two different times. covers more people.

jfenn2199
May 1st, 2009, 07:42 PM
As I stated on the mailing list, I feel monthly meetings would be good with a weekly brainstorming session.

To elaborate weekly we could have brainstorming sessions to kick around the best methods for reaching our goals as a LoCo, then once a month we would have a formal meeting where the ideas from the brainstorming session are put into an agenda with a timeline on how we're going to accomplish the our objectives.

With the weekly brainstorming sessions we could pull the log and edit it for the mailing list, the Wiki and the forums so as many people as possible could get the information from the session and the entire group could discuss the proposed ideas so we could use that discussion to create the agenda.

infocop411
May 4th, 2009, 02:25 AM
...With the weekly brainstorming sessions we could pull the log and edit it for the mailing list, the Wiki and the forums so as many people as possible could get the information from the session and the entire group could discuss the proposed ideas so we could use that discussion to create the agenda.

Great idea, but shouldn't the members be checking all the LoCo scenes?
instead of only one or two areas.
(never works that way, but shouldn't it? read the mailing list, look for questions in the forums. etc.)

neopsalmist
May 12th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Is it too much to have a weekly meeting? We all know that we can't make every meeting, but having one a week gives us all a greater opportunity to participate, especially in IRC.

chris4585
May 20th, 2009, 05:17 AM
I think most of us agree on once a month for major meetings, this will be mentioned in the mailing list (https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/Ubuntu-us-tn) soon.

Miata-MS
May 21st, 2009, 01:37 AM
I'm flexible, so anything really works, but I would prefer monthly. Would like to see an active team here in TN though.

binarymutant
May 27th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Weekly on IRC that way everyone stays current and the topics discussed won't be long and drawn out.