PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Hot key for window shade (alternative to double-clicking title bar)

prvteprts
May 1st, 2009, 01:44 PM
Is there a way to bind window shading to a hotkey especially if using compiz? Compiz by default enables window shading instead of maximizing when double-clicking the title bar. There is already a hotkey in compiz for toggling maximize/unmaximize Alt+F10, and I want to know if there is such a hotkey or if there is a way to bind a hotkey to the window shade function. Thanks!

prvteprts
June 18th, 2009, 04:54 AM
Okay, I found out the answer to my question. There are a few options for this.

- In Ubuntu Tweak, Desktop>Windows>Window Titlebar Action>Titlebar mouse wheel action, select Roll up. When you move the cursor to the title bar and use wheel up, it will roll up. Wheel down and it will drop the window shade.

- There are some emerald themes which have an extra button for shade on the right of the title bar. I got the idea when I tried out Xfce because the window manager has it by default. So I searched for themes which have this. An example would be ddragon's emerald themes (same style, different colors).

- In CompizConfig>General Options>Key Bindings, select a key combination for Toggle Window Shaded.