PDA

View Full Version : wireless and sound

jrjonesalaska
May 1st, 2009, 02:49 AM
Hello,

I just installed 9.04 remix on a eee-pc 1000ha and the wireless is very sluggish. I have another pc that is running ubuntu 8.04lts and I do not get near the performance on the eee-pc that I get on the 8.04lts system. It is basicly useless. Does anyone have a solution or heard of solution. I did try the propritary driver provide with 9.04 remix and the wireless did not work at all.

Also the sound is not working very well. The volume is very low and some applications you can not hear anything at all. I have gone through all the settings and I cannot improve the sound quality.

Does anyone have solutions to these problems?

jim

rekabbelac
May 3rd, 2009, 04:38 AM
I have a 1000HE and have run into both issues. To deal with the wireless issue, I installed the linux-backports-modules-jaunty package, which resulted in performance as good as I had with the preinstalled windows system. I have since switched to the Ubuntu Netbook Remix, which seems to handle the wireless just fine with just the basic install.

I have yet to find a solution for the sound issues (the 1000HE is pretty quiet even in Windows, but it isn't this bad). I came here to search the forums for anything related to that issue, if I find anything that works I will pass it on here.