PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install 9.04 on Netbook with Windows 7 already running

alexktz
April 30th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Ok so I've had a look around for a tutorial on this, and my problem pretty much seems to lie in configuring the "boot.ini" file in Windows 7. It's now changed to bcdedit, making it far more complex than it needs to be.

I want my end result to be Windows 7 (already installed), with 9.04 on the NC10 (Samsung Netbook) to fiddle and play around with.

I want to acheive this without reinstalling Windows and without using a thumb drive / or optical drive (seeing as i don't have one!).

Also if anyone has 2cents on whether I should go for the Netbook flavour or stick with main 9.04 distro?

Thanks in advance

alexktz
May 4th, 2009, 09:46 PM
no replies? i'm dissapointed.

dejay68
May 11th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Hi, I have tne NC10 with XP , Windows 7 and Ubuntu netbook remix all installed and working ok.
I installed XP first, then created 2 partitions. 1 partition was 100gb and the other 60gb.
I then in stalled Windows 7 on the 60gb partition, then UNRemix on the same partition as XP - 100gb - (this is the default setting when installing UNR via USB stick)

Hope this helps :popcorn: