PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Live-CD and Wubi

Zwemshortventje
April 30th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Hello.

I have got two major problems getting Ubuntu to work on my pc.

First of all, I cannot run the (self-burned) Live-CD on my PC. It is not a problem with the since I could perfectly install it on my Laptop. I have re-arranged boot order to make it try the CD/DVD drive first.

Note: has it got to be DVD-rom drive or is a regular drive ok?

Second issue: Wubi. I tried installing it using Wubi.exe. I thought "yay it's working" when I see he starts downloading ...amd64.iso automatically. AMD? It's intel. 64?? It's an x86 processor... and last but not least, DOWNLOADING?????? I already have an up to date iso file!!

Could anyone help me out please?

Redundant Username
April 30th, 2009, 09:57 PM
If you have two disk drives select the cd drive.
And apparently you have a 64-bit proccesor.
If you want to use a 32-bit version of ubuntu, put the .iso file in the same folder that wubi.exe is installed in.

Zwemshortventje
April 30th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Meh, I discover new things every day... i got a 32-bit processor that can apparently also run 64-bit apps??? Confusing...

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-244789_10_0.html 4th post

So?I download the AMD64 version? Will it work with an Intel 32/64 processor?

Redundant Username
May 1st, 2009, 12:45 AM
It doesn't matter which one. And you don't have to download a 64-bit version it downloads it for you. Unless you want torrent it first for a faster download and then place it in the same folder as wubi.exe.

Zwemshortventje
May 1st, 2009, 08:18 AM
Well, since liveCD won't work I just tried doing what Wubi wanted... so I launched it and it downloaded fine and all, but it's stuck at "creating virtual disks"... it's been stuck for over 12 hours now... I don't think this is normal?