PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Upgrade manager doesn't notify of the new release

Ubuntiac
April 30th, 2009, 05:58 PM
When I do the suggested command to "force" upgrade-manager to see the new release of Jaunty (update-notifier-kde -u)on an Intrepid machine.

It just returns:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/update-notifier-kde", line 28, in <module>
from PyKDE4.kdecore import *
RuntimeError: the sip module supports API v3.0 to v3.7 but the PyKDE4.kdecore module requires API v3.8

This is on a different machine to my main one, if you're wondering why I'm trying to upgrade when my profile says I'm already on Jaunty. :)

Ubuntiac
May 1st, 2009, 02:07 AM
So I've now tried purging and re-installing python-kde, update-notifier-kde and even kubuntu-desktop to no effect...

Any ideas anyone?

Sef
May 1st, 2009, 02:10 AM
In Ubuntu, you would check this way: System > Administration > Software Sources > Update > Release Upgrade? Is it set to Normal Releases or Long Term Support Releases Only or Never? Set it to Normal Releases, if it is not.

KDE would have something similar.

Ubuntiac
May 1st, 2009, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Sef,

I got it working just now by using Synaptic instead of Adept Manager to upgrade. Seems to have done the trick, although I have no idea why adept-notifier was giving me that error. Anyway, all is good, thanks for your help!