PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to jaunty: traker indexing no longer works.

danebramaged
April 30th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Traker applet: There was an error while performing indexing: Reindex all contents, Cancel, Ok.

No matter what I click on, the error message does not go away. So far my only option is to kill the process and not use tracker for indexing at all.

If anyone else has encountered this problem, please let me know if you have a solution.

( I have had so many problems with Jaunty in the first few hours that I think we should change it's name to "ABORT RETRY IGNORE" )

cariboo
April 30th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Just remove the tracker cache in your home directory and reindex. This is a common problem, there have been many questions about the same problem. It is a hidden file, so you will have to open nautilus and press Ctrl-h to reveal the hidden files and directories.

danebramaged
May 1st, 2009, 03:24 AM
/home/isaac/.cache/traker deleted. Re-indexing now. Only an hour more to go and I'll be able to tell you if this works.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

DavidTangye
May 1st, 2009, 01:36 PM
See the launchpad bug reports including this one (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tracker/+bug/346912).

danebramaged
May 1st, 2009, 03:23 PM
traker seems to work now. Of course I've found more problems since, but that will be a seperate thread.