PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] I need help getting my titlebars back.

orlobartholomew
April 30th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I've installed Jaunty. Running Gnome 2.26.1. I have an Nvidia 6200 PCI card, and am using Nvidia 180 driver. Somehow I've lost my application Titlebar when an application is maximized. If I right-click on the application tab on the bottom panel, I can select "Unmaximize" and the restored window will have the titlebar. I've searched extensively for this problem, and haven't had any luck finding an answer. I've tried deleting my .gnome folders and restarting my session to restore defaults. I've tried using metacity and compiz, and they both behave the same way. I've also tried creating a new user, and the new user account behaves the same way. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

--Orlo

gettinoriginal
May 1st, 2009, 12:02 AM
Hit F11 twice, then manually minimize the window, close your window, then reopen and use the max button to maximize. Problem should be solved. :)

orlobartholomew
May 1st, 2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the advice, but it didn't work. My title bar still disappears when I maximize. The window fills the available screen space, and if I 'alt' move the window, you can see that there is no title bar drawn.

zeex
May 1st, 2009, 01:16 PM
I've installed Jaunty. Running Gnome 2.26.1. I have an Nvidia 6200 PCI card, and am using Nvidia 180 driver. Somehow I've lost my application Titlebar when an application is maximized. If I right-click on the application tab on the bottom panel, I can select "Unmaximize" and the restored window will have the titlebar. I've searched extensively for this problem, and haven't had any luck finding an answer. I've tried deleting my .gnome folders and restarting my session to restore defaults. I've tried using metacity and compiz, and they both behave the same way. I've also tried creating a new user, and the new user account behaves the same way. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

--Orlo

Hi,

It could be an effects problem. I had quite similar problem in a morse code application where i wasn't able to see any menu entries or anything. I switched off all the effects and problem solved.

System -> preferences -> Appearance

Go to Desktop effects tab and choose none.

Hope this helps. :)

good luck :)

gettinoriginal
May 1st, 2009, 01:47 PM
Up where it says File, Edit, View, look under view to see if "Full Screen is ticked", if so, untick it.

orlobartholomew
May 1st, 2009, 08:10 PM
I tried disabling effects. Still no dice. It doesn't matter whether I use metacity or Compiz, or emerald or gtk window managers. Same problem either way. No title bar when the window is maximized.