PDA

View Full Version : Juggalo thread

majikstreet
January 8th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Anybody here a Juggalo? (Do you like Insane Clown Posse?).. Just wondering. Maybe we can have a thread like the Otaku thread or the metalhead thread..

I love ICP. :)

majikstreet

mstlyevil
January 8th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Anybody here a Juggalo? (Do you like Insane Clown Posse?).. Just wondering. Maybe we can have a thread like the Otaku thread or the metalhead thread..

majikstreet

Only if you do not bash us old skool metal heads. ICP is ok but I like Black Label Society more.

Rotarychainsaw
January 8th, 2006, 07:20 PM
When I heard them like 5-8 (i can't remember) years ago I thought they were funny. Now I don't lol.

majikstreet
January 8th, 2006, 07:25 PM
lol..

mstlyevil never heard black label society.. I do like some metal though..

Iandefor
January 8th, 2006, 07:28 PM

majikstreet
Don't get me started on Juggaloes... ick. Oh, and there's a BIG difference between liking ICP and being a Juggalo.

mstlyevil
January 8th, 2006, 07:39 PM
lol..

mstlyevil never heard black label society.. I do like some metal though..

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ! Do you like Ozzy? BLS is Ozzy's guitarist Zack Wildes band. They are probally one of the most popular metal bands out right now and even have some songs getting regular air play. Have you heard the song on the raidio called Still Born? That is their song (Ozzy makes an appearance in this song btw.)

majikstreet
January 8th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ! Do you like Ozzy? BLS is Ozzy's guitarist Zack Wildes band. They are probally one of the most popular metal bands out right now and even have some songs getting regular air play. Have you heard the song on the raidio called Still Born? That is their song (Ozzy makes an appearance in this song btw.)
alright fine I'm not a metalhead, I haven't heard that much metal yet..

mstlyevil
January 8th, 2006, 07:55 PM
alright fine I'm not a metalhead, I haven't heard that much metal yet..

You better cut your teeth on the source. Listen to classic Black Sabbath to get the standard by which all othr bands try to live up to. Then listen to the Godfather of Metal solo albums (Ozzy). Pantera and old school Metalica are great for getting a good taste of quality metal. ICP just does not come close to these.

majikstreet
January 8th, 2006, 07:56 PM
You better cut your teeth on the source. Listen to classic Black Sabbath to get the standard by which all othr bands try to live up to. Then listen to the Godfather of Metal solo albums (Ozzy). Pantera and old school Metalica are great for getting a good taste of quality metal. ICP just does not come close to these.
I'll have to download some Black Sabbath, I've heard them from the classic rock side before, though.

mstlyevil
January 8th, 2006, 07:58 PM
I'll have to download some Black Sabbath, I've heard them from the classic rock side before, though.

They may be classic but they are still relevent.

majikstreet
January 8th, 2006, 08:17 PM
:)
I love classic rock.

Sheinar
January 8th, 2006, 08:23 PM
ICP just does not come close to these.
Of course they don't. They're completely different genres.

mstlyevil
January 8th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Of course they don't. They're completely different genres.

True but even ICP is as heavily influenced by Sabbath as other forms of "Metal".

Rotarychainsaw
January 8th, 2006, 08:48 PM
My Dad taught zakk wylde music theory in high school. So anytime he comes through NJ we usually go see him. I can't really believe he's getting big though, it just seemed so redneckish. I guess with Pantera gone someone needed to step up.

Sheinar
January 8th, 2006, 09:05 PM
True but even ICP is as heavily influenced by Sabbath as other forms of "Metal".
They may have slight Metal influences, but I honestly couldn't agree that they're as heavily influences by Black Sabbath as actual Metal bands. I never understood this "ICP = Metal" thing either.

Now, almost every Doom Metal band owes a lot to Black Sabbath. Most Heavy Metal bands and a lot of Thrash bands do too. Actually, almost every band in every Metal sub-genre owes a lot to Sabbath. ICP really don't owe them much though. I imagine they probably wouldn't be all that different had Black Sabbath never even existed.

mstlyevil
January 8th, 2006, 09:15 PM
They may have slight Metal influences, but I honestly couldn't agree that they're as heavily influences by Black Sabbath as actual Metal bands. I never understood this "ICP = Metal" thing either.

Now, almost every Doom Metal band owes a lot to Black Sabbath. Most Heavy Metal bands and a lot of Thrash bands do too. Actually, almost every band in every Metal sub-genre owes a lot to Sabbath. ICP really don't owe them much though. I imagine they probably wouldn't be all that different had Black Sabbath never even existed.

I have to dissagree with you on this but there is no sense in arguing the point. We just have different ways of looking at it. I believe metal would eventually had been born if not for Sabbath but they were 10 years ahead of their time. A lot of groups that influenced ISP directly were influenced first by Sabbath so it may be indirect but the influence is there.

MetalMusicAddict
January 8th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I think its funny theres more of a "Metal" discussion going on then ICP. :)

Im trying desperately to to inject my 2 cents into this thread. :smile:

HERES (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=49669) the Metalhead thread. ;)

Sheinar
January 8th, 2006, 09:26 PM
A lot of groups that influenced ICP directly were influenced first by Sabbath so it may be indirect but the influence is there.
That's quite possible. I'm not aware of the bands that influenced ICP, but I can imagine their Metal influence coming about in that way.

DaMasta
January 9th, 2006, 01:16 AM
I like their stuff up until The Wraith. The Wraith blows, Hell's Pit blows and The Calm blows. Not sure what changed in between the albums but they lost their creativity and it just sounds generic. I love Riddlebox, Milenko, Bizaar, Bizzar, Jeckel Bros, Forgotten Freshness Vol1 & 2. But, I'll never buy another album until I hear it first. I heard the three sucky albums were not produced by Mike E Clark so maybe this is the reason they stink. I read he'll be doing to the next one so hopefully it's good.

majikstreet
January 9th, 2006, 01:58 AM
I think its funny theres more of a "Metal" discussion going on then ICP. :)

Im trying desperately to to inject my 2 cents into this thread. :smile:

HERES (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=49669) the Metalhead thread. ;)
spam spam spam in a can lol

MetalMusicAddict
January 9th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Spamming is more than 1 post son. :) I posted the link because it was mentioned.

Olney huh? I thought people in Montgomery Co. had better taste in music? :D

Are you one of those SUPER baggy pants w/chains and zippers kids? Greasy hair and a Slipknot or Godsmack t-shirt? A "Hot-Topic" kid? :)

Stormy Eyes
January 9th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Anybody here a Juggalo? (Do you like Insane Clown Posse?)

I'm not a Juggalo. (I don't like ICP, either.)

Arktis
January 9th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Anybody here a Juggalo? (Do you like Insane Clown Posse?)...
ICP, well let's see... Sellouts! Liars! Betrayers! A thousand curses upon thee, spawns of deciet and treachery! :p

majikstreet
January 9th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Spamming is more than 1 post son. :) I posted the link because it was mentioned.

Olney huh? I thought people in Montgomery Co. had better taste in music? :D

Are you one of those SUPER baggy pants w/chains and zippers kids? Greasy hair and a Slipknot or Godsmack t-shirt? A "Hot-Topic" kid? :)

No way! I'm one of those nerdy kids, you know with the glasses (except I have contacts now..)! LOL.

At least I don't like rap..

majikstreet ;)

mstlyevil
January 9th, 2006, 05:32 PM
No way! I'm one of those nerdy kids, you know with the glasses (except I have contacts now..)! LOL.

At least I don't like rap..

majikstreet ;)

Just remember the Jocks and the Preps may get all the hot chicks in highscool, but the geeks and nerds get all the hot chicks in the real world. Nerds are the future.

majikstreet
January 10th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Just remember the Jocks and the Preps may get all the hot chicks in highscool, but the geeks and nerds get all the hot chicks in the real world. Nerds are the future.
:)
I need to remember that when people are being idiots *rolls eyes*

LaRoza
May 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8060/necromancingsv7.jpg