PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] alacarte is broken

nssone
April 30th, 2009, 03:28 AM
OK, I'm just posting this hoping there is somebody out there who maybe has an idea of what I can do to fix or change this. Basically, alacarte has determined it is necessary to resurrect and prefix old wine folder with wine-Programs-*. This is very annoying and it takes up unnecessary space. When I load alacarte (Edit menus) and select to remove or change the properties of the item, I simply can not. I am also having a hard time finding any help Googling or anything of the sort.

So, does anybody know of a fix for this? It's getting PDA. Thanks.

Forgot to mention Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04

cariboo
April 30th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Could you not just uncheck the menu item and not have it show?

Redundant Username
April 30th, 2009, 09:36 PM
rm -f ~/.config/menus/applications.menu
so that it will reload it the menu?

nssone
April 30th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I tried what was just posted before here, I'm assuming it deletes an older alacarte config, but that didn't help. I'm posting the lines that shows up when i run alacarte from terminal.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Alacarte/MainWindow.py", line 324, in on_properties_button_clicked
self.on_edit_properties_activate(None)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Alacarte/MainWindow.py", line 372, in on_edit_properties_activate
parser.write(open(file_path))
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'alacarte-made.directory'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Alacarte/MainWindow.py", line 435, in on_item_tree_show_toggled
self.editor.setVisible(item, False)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Alacarte/MenuEditor.py", line 215, in setVisible
self.__writeMenu(item, no_display=True)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Alacarte/MenuEditor.py", line 576, in __writeMenu
file_id = os.path.split(menu.get_desktop_file_path())[1]
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/posixpath.py", line 82, in split
i = p.rfind('/') + 1
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'

That's all I can add that I know of to help illustrate the problem.

Thanks.

nssone
May 6th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Bump. I would still like to see if there's a solution to this.

drs305
May 6th, 2009, 04:16 AM
I've played around with this for a while and can't really duplicate it. I have some "alacarte-made.directory" files that were created when I made custom folders to hold some of my shortcuts.

You might try opening gconf-editor and doing a search for "alacarte-made.directory". Open "gconf-editor", then Edit, Find, tick both boxes and type "alacarte-made.directory" in the search window. If it exists, it will probably come up as an entry in /apps/panel/objects . If you only have one or can identify it in some way as being the problem entry you could just try deleting it.

Good luck - hope you find a solution.