PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.04 Upgrade problems with NetBeans & MediaWiki

Brad Heathman
April 29th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Installation seem to go OK. Butttt....

NetBeans 6.5 will not start. I choose to keep the previous settings during upgrade.
MediaWiki, some of the articles give an error: MySQL returned error "1146: Table '...' doesn't exist (localhost)".

elvisd
May 12th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hi Brad,

I have the same MediaWiki PROBLEM:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "Article:getHiddenCategories". MySQL returned error "1146: Table 'wikidb.page_props' doesn't exist (localhost)".

Have you found some infos?
I have upgraded my UBUNTU Server from 8.10 to 9.04.

cl333r
May 12th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Installation seem to go OK. Butttt....

NetBeans 6.5 will not start. I choose to keep the previous settings during upgrade.
MediaWiki, some of the articles give an error: MySQL returned error "1146: Table '...' doesn't exist (localhost)".

I've seen more people saying NetBeans from the repos won't start. The quick solution is to download NetBeans from the official website, besides as a bonus you get the newer 6.5.1 version.

http://www.netbeans.org/downloads/

ittayd
June 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM
i have the same issue. any help?

elvisd
June 25th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Hello ittayd,

my mediawiki problem persists... :(
I haven't time to foind out the reason... hope someones solves it and can post the solution here... ;)

aurelieng
July 1st, 2009, 08:16 AM
I had the same problem and solved it running, as root (but it might not be necessary) :

php /var/lib/mediawiki/maintenance/update.php

aeoliantunes
July 2nd, 2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks for this tip, it worked for me!

elvisd
July 3rd, 2009, 08:13 AM
+1
Worked for me to.
Many many many thanks! ;)

eu1
October 1st, 2009, 11:07 PM
+1 It worked for me as well. Thanks guys!!

Nexusx6
July 21st, 2010, 01:53 AM
Best post ever! You saved my wiki :D

For version 1.15.1 you have to add $wgDBadminuser and $wgDBadminpassword to the LocalSettings.php (and fill them in ofcourse) file as the file AdminSettings has been depreciated.

klausthorn
September 14th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I also had to change TYPE into ENGINE in /etc/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php:

# $wgDBTableOptions = "TYPE=InnoDB";
$wgDBTableOptions = "ENGINE=InnoDB";

(yes it's an old thread but it helped me right now, upgrading to ubuntu 12.04 ... from ubuntu 8 I guess)