PDA

View Full Version : Internet blocked

smitty96
April 29th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Since this isn't Ubuntu (or linux) specific, I thought I'd post it here. My dad has blocked my internet except between the hours of seven to ten. I was wondering if there is any way to get past this besides changing the router's settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim

PuddingKnife
April 29th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Have you tried pinging the websites you want to visit and using their IP addresses as opposed to the URL?

dragos240
April 29th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Hmm.... although, if his internet is blocked, maybe he would ping google and such, and get nothing. Are you on linux right now, or did your dad block your internet with vista, because that can be done. And what block did he put in, is it built into the router? If it is, then there are steps, without the password, to reset the router.

Giant Speck
April 29th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Maybe there's a reason your father is restricting your internet usage, and I don't think it would be very wise of anyone here to help you bypass your father's restrictions. What you are asking us to do is almost no different than asking us how to sneak out of the house after your parents are asleep.

Bölvağur
April 29th, 2009, 09:08 PM
there is probably a reason for the lock in the first place...

cariboo
April 29th, 2009, 09:09 PM
We do not condone helping the op circumvent any rules, be they parental or otherwise. This thread is closed.

garythegoth
April 29th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Since this isn't Ubuntu (or linux) specific, I thought I'd post it here. My dad has blocked my internet except between the hours of seven to ten. I was wondering if there is any way to get past this besides changing the router's settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim

Reset the router and redo the settings, if you know how.