PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wubi

Jagjr
April 29th, 2009, 08:08 PM
hi,

I first cleared about 25 GB of space from my HDD to make way for WUBI since i never knew how much space i would need.. my download has failed three times becuase of loss of internet.. I currently have 1gb left because of this

can someone answer this question please

1. Where are the Files that i have already downloaded located on my WINDOWS OS.?

Thanks

hockman5
April 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Where did you save them? One way to tell is go to download them again and pay attention to where it is saving them.

Jagjr
April 29th, 2009, 09:15 PM
it just said install and thats it and i cant find them anywhere..

is there a keyword i can search for..

ive tried..

Ubuntu
Linux
Wubi
.iso
.py
.pi

all of them

lisati
April 29th, 2009, 09:21 PM
1) Where the files are likely to be can depend on how you downloaded the files and the settings of the browser you were using at the time

2) Reconstructing a usable file from the temporary files created during one or more failed downloads isn't for the faint hearted, and is more than likely to result in a new unusable file.

Jagjr
April 29th, 2009, 09:35 PM
i downloaded the ubuntu 9.04 iso with wubi..

my default browser is FF

know where they might be?

Jagjr
April 30th, 2009, 02:56 PM
any help???

hockman5
April 30th, 2009, 04:32 PM
They are probably in your documents and settings directory under your user name. You can right click on my computer and do disk cleanup and it will probably erase the temporary internet files that include your failed downloads. Alternately in FF, you can click on edit and preferences and look under downloads and it will tell you where it downloads files to. This might only be completed downloads though and the crashed downloads are usually located in your temporary internet folder i believe.