PDA

View Full Version : Love Jaunty - Best Release Yet

aidave
April 29th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I was a little skeptical. From running all the alphas and betas of Jaunty, having it flake out on me, I didn't know if Ubuntu could pull it off.

Now that I am running Jaunty full time, this is simply the best OS I've ever used. It beats Ibex and Hardy and everything else.

Everything works for me, only minor issues remain.

Thank you Canonical, Debian, Linux, Gnome, and everyone else who made this happen!!!

I love the Jackalope!

HappyFeet
April 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM
For me, it is also the best release ever.

jml
April 29th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I have bounced between "pure" Debian, Ubuntu, AntiX, and Crunchbang Linux for several years. 9.04 is the first Ubuntu version that runs as fast as Debian does on my hardware. And so far it seems rock steady. (keeping fingers crossed.) ;-)

Joe

ErwinC
April 29th, 2009, 09:19 PM
+1

I lost a bit of faith in Ubuntu since 8.04: I could not keep my system stable as it used to be (7.04-7.10).
I switched to Debian and Fedora for a while.

But now with Jaunty I feel like I'm back home. My system is flying.

=D>

Dok
May 1st, 2009, 06:50 AM
I agree! 7.10 was a great version for me, everything worked. Now with Jaunty everything not only works but it noticeably faster too. Great Job!
Dok

binbash
May 1st, 2009, 09:10 AM
I agree, it is the best ubuntu release i have ever tested.

spamjam
May 1st, 2009, 09:16 AM
I agree, although Intrepid was the first release I used. This thing flys on my system. The boot speed is incredible.

Also, ext4 has given me no problems whatsoever.

=D> to Jaunty!

automaton26
May 1st, 2009, 11:07 AM
Agreed - a lot of general Intrepid issues have been resolved, and improvements made, which gives hope for future releases.

Thanks to all involved - and I must remember to donate to projects that I use & appreciate, and not put it off !!

So I'll go *RIGHT NOW* to the websites for KDE, Wine, DOSBox etc...

speedwell68
May 4th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Thing is that I have just rolled my desktop back to 8.10 and kept my laptop at 8.04. Jaunty just isn't stable enough on either PC, both had issues, that I don't have time to resolve and I need them both to be stable now. That said my netbook runs UNR 9.04 just fine.