PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] SSH GUI type programme?

Vyper06
April 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Hi, I'm a new Ubuntu switcher, I'm not experienced in UNIX or anything and whilst I can work a computer well and understand how to do things I don't know anything on the coding/command line side of things, so I installed ubuntu to try and learn.
Anyway, so far I haven't really had any problems, and this isn't a problem per se, however my main PC is a Mac, and I have been using Putty to connect to it via SSH, but I can't quite understand how to get files from my mac to open or be copied to my Linuxbox, so I was wondering if there were any simple guides/commands or preferably a programme with a GUI that let's me access my files via SSH for example how Filezilla works for an FTP connection.

Thanks, the one thing I love about ubuntu is the amazing community support, and whilst I expect to ask many more questions over time I hope I can one day contribute back to a newb like myself :)

gtr32
April 29th, 2009, 07:27 PM
scp is the command you're looking for. It's easy to use from command line but there is also a list of GUI applications for it for different platforms:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_copy