PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] jaunty-firefox upgrade problem

yinhsi
April 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I just upgraded from intrepid and with it, firefox. So now what is happening is firefox will only goto a page I have bookmarked, if I type an address in the address bar, nothing will happen- I hit enter and it goes nowhere. The drop-down address bar is also not behaving normally, its not dropping down with my recent pages, but it appears to "try" to drop down, with some little graphic glitch preventing it- its not as if there are no pages there to display.
I tried reinstalling it with package manager, but its still the same problem.

Any ideas? I'm using seamonkey instead right now.

trentscott4
April 29th, 2009, 05:17 PM
When you browse to a site from your bookmarks, does the address stay in the address bar?

See this link (not sure if it's the same issue): http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=690885

Also, is the behavior the same with Firefox in safe-mode?

yinhsi
April 29th, 2009, 05:31 PM
It does not stay in the address bar, and also, when I goto tools and try to open anything, like "about firefox" or "addons" a tiny little icon pops up, which I can drag the edges of to expand into a window, which comes up empty, no addon info, no firefox version number, nothing.

My firefox has swine flu...

RwandaTim
April 30th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I had a similar problem - could not view other tabs in Firefox and could not use mini search engine in top right of page. I closed Firefox using File --> Quit. Then I restarted Firefox. While restarting, it brought up a dialogue box indicating that Firefox was updating addons to synchronize with my current version of Firefox. Now no more problems. Hope this helps.