PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Window decoration problem (after installing e17?)

VCoolio
April 29th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Hi, I've (successfully) installed e17 / Enlightenment on Jaunty. Logged into it, messed around etc. Point is, it uses gtk for drawing windows, except the window borders. The window borders are drawn by e17 itself.

Now, when I login into Gnome again, my window decoration is gone. Trying metacity / compiz --replace and all gives me this error:

gtk-window-decorator: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/gtk-window-decorator: undefined symbol: decor_blend_border_picture

I'm using emerald now. But how can I solve the real problem? Btw I'm just assuming installing e17 is the problem (or maybe just ecomorph / ecomp), since that is what has changed.

Deafboy
August 16th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I have also noticed problems with gtk-window-decorator in gnome after installing emorph to e17.
But i get different error message:

deafboy@deafboy-notas:~$ gtk-window-decorator
gtk-window-decorator: error while loading shared libraries: libdecoration.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libdecoration0 is installed

Also when trying to turn on decoration in CCSM it writes:

compiz.real (core) - Error: Couldn't load plugin 'decoration'

__________________________________________________ _________________
Ubuntu 9.04

Deafboy
August 16th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Solved by removing every part of compiz manualy and installing it back. After that i had to turn on compiz plugins (all has been disabled, but configuration of each was like before, so don't need to reconfigure)

silverglade00
January 26th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Solved by removing every part of compiz manualy and installing it back. After that i had to turn on compiz plugins (all has been disabled, but configuration of each was like before, so don't need to reconfigure)

THANK YOU!!! That has been bugging me for a week. FWIW, I only had to reinstall everything compiz related through Synaptic and then turn on window decorations in CCSM. Everything else was still enabled for me.