PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kubuntu 9.04 shocked me

CrA86
April 29th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I was using kubuntu 8.10, everything was working perfectly until i upgrade to kubuntu 9.04, i spent the last 3 days fixing its problems.
The biggest two problems is:
1- Evolution 2.26 don't have microsoft exchange plugin (i installed evolution-exchange).
2- Can't connect to secured wireless.

I don't know why???? :confused:

olembe
April 29th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I'm also running Kubuntu 9.04. If you're having wireless network problems they can usually be solved by replacing Network Manager with wicd. If you do "sudo apt-get install wicd" it should remove network manager and install the Wicd network manager which almost everyone finds works better. I certainly do!

Some people over on Kubuntuforums.net report having to remove network manager by hand first "sudo apt-get remove network-manager" but I found that it was automatically removed when I installed wicd.

The only downside with wicd is it doesn't have VPN and wireless broadband options built-in.

CrA86
April 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I tried wicd and it worked, but what iam trying to say that the new kubuntu has so many bugs, thats makes it so bad.
Iam saying that because i love linux, i do not consider myself the biggest linux fan, but i am so sad to let linux haters, have something agains using linux.
Linux means go forward like using the new plasma network manager, not go backward.

AGAIn iam saying that because i LOVE kubuntu.