PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Acer + Ubuntu!

and1bskbl72
April 29th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I have the Acer Aspire One netbook and when I go to install from usb it freezes during boot when showing the bios screen.

When I take out the usb it resumes, but I can't install ubuntu.
What can I do, as I know it works for others???

1roxtar
April 29th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I have an Acer Aspire One netbook too. I did a dual-install of Ubuntu 9.04 using Wubi and it works great. My webcam works...audio, wireless and wired internet...EVERYTHING is working great. Using the LiveCD and creating partitions....all that stuff almost ruined another laptop I had (Gateway). I used Wubi to install Ubuntu on that one too and it also works perfectly now. My suggestion would be to install it using Wubi. If you already have an Ubuntu ISO on your hard drive, place it in the same folder that you have Wubi downloaded to and it will find it automatically. Otherwise it will try to download another copy of Ubuntu.

and1bskbl72
April 29th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Wow I used wubi I can't believe how quick it was to install, so much easier and does what I need. Thanks, I didn't have to hook up a external drive to install it and was able to do it from windows. Thanks for the tip.

1roxtar
April 29th, 2009, 11:52 PM
I'm glad the tip worked out for you. I am completely sold on Wubi and Ubuntu. I am a total noobie myself, but I did a lot of reading up on Linux, Ubuntu and how to install and use it. Using Wubi is the best and safest way to install Ubuntu without creating partitions, getting boot-loader errors and best of all, you can uninstall it like any other windows program without harming your computer. :guitar: