PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Downgrade from 8.04 to 7.10

amarjarubula
April 29th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Hi Guys,

I am working on a 8.04 version in my office. I needed to downgrade to Ubuntu 7.10 as I am running through some audio issues on SFL phone. As the computer which I am using has successfully worked on 7.10 and somebody from my office have updated the computer and now I could not run the SFLphone through the Audio Gateway. I have gone through all the help I could and have understood I have to downgrade to 7.10 version. I have some questions now.
--> Can we actually downgrade Ubuntu to 7.10, unlike Windows.
--> Can I make my capture work without downgrading the Ubuntu.

Guys I am already running out of time on this issue, plz help.

abn91c
April 29th, 2009, 04:42 AM
check the ubuntu website and here some more but I believe 7.10 has reached its "End of life" for support/updates.

Partyboi2
April 29th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Hi Guys,

I am working on a 8.04 version in my office. I needed to downgrade to Ubuntu 7.10 as I am running through some audio issues on SFL phone. As the computer which I am using has successfully worked on 7.10 and somebody from my office have updated the computer and now I could not run the SFLphone through the Audio Gateway. I have gone through all the help I could and have understood I have to downgrade to 7.10 version. I have some questions now.
--> Can we actually downgrade Ubuntu to 7.10, unlike Windows.
--> Can I make my capture work without downgrading the Ubuntu.

Guys I am already running out of time on this issue, plz help.
To downgrade you would need to reinstall as there is no easy way to roll back to an earlier release, as abn91c has mentioned Gusty has reached its end of life.
Have you tried 8.10 or 9.04 to see if the audio issues are fixed, if you have space on your hard drive you could always install one of those versions next to your hardy install to see.