PDA

View Full Version : HP should offer Ubuntu in their new computers they begin to sell?

Dr.Vista
April 29th, 2009, 02:43 AM
I would totally buy a Ubuntu HP computer over a Windows one if they would let me.

Dr.Vista
April 29th, 2009, 02:48 AM
I would totally buy a Ubuntu HP computer over a Windows one if they would let me.
If you support this please help me get signatures to support our cause!
http://www.petitiononline.com/872375/petition.html

U-Bom-2
April 29th, 2009, 02:49 AM
The other day i was thinking about that. In the shop should be computers with Ubuntu, maybe they should start with 10 laptops (no matter if HP, toshiba, Compaq or whatever generic) to see if it have a good demand. :)

Grant A.
April 29th, 2009, 03:14 AM
The other day i was thinking about that. In the shop should be computers with Ubuntu, maybe they should start with 10 laptops (no matter if HP, toshiba, Compaq or whatever generic) to see if it have a good demand. :)

Kubuntu 9.04 with its shiny KDE 4.2 might be able to gather more looks than a plain old Ubuntu desktop would get.

TheIdiotThatIsMe
April 29th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Honestly.... no.

I would buy from someone who's been supporting Ubuntu and/or Desktop Linux. System76 or ZaReason, or even Pystar (they offer Linux Desktop computers). If I had the money, definitely System76.

Icehuck
April 29th, 2009, 03:30 AM
These are business machines and SuSE Enterprise fits that more than Ubuntu LTS. For a business I am more inclined to go with something that has been in development for 24-36 months vs the 6 month cycle of Ubuntu.