PDA

View Full Version : Visit Sites that Reqduire Windows

Warpnow
April 29th, 2009, 02:36 AM
I'm trying to access the job search applet on staples.com but it seems to check for windows OS and won't go further unless you have it.

I've seen/heard of ways to trick the browser into reporting windows but can't seem to remember them at he moment.

Refresh my memory?

Dr.Vista
April 29th, 2009, 02:40 AM
I'm trying to access the job search applet on staples.com but it seems to check for windows OS and won't go further unless you have it.

I've seen/heard of ways to trick the browser into reporting windows but can't seem to remember them at he moment.

Refresh my memory?
For Firefox their is a User Agent switcher that lets you trick the site you are in to load the page.
Link:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59

U-Bom-2
April 29th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Damn, thats racism!

tjwoosta
April 29th, 2009, 03:05 AM
the user agent switcher firefox add on should work fine, but remember to change it back to the original user agent afterwards because if you use the IE user agent everything is slower and randomly freezes sometimes

Dr.Vista
April 29th, 2009, 03:06 AM
the user agent switcher firefox add on should work fine, but remember to change it back to the original user agent afterwards because if you use the IE user agent everything is slower and randomly freezes sometimes
Yes, I forgot to add that. Thanks.

CJ Master
April 29th, 2009, 03:59 AM

Eheheh, sounds like it emulates it perfectly XD

ninjapirate89
April 29th, 2009, 04:01 AM

:lolflag:

Giant Speck
April 29th, 2009, 04:05 AM

I'll admit, I lol'd.

perce
April 29th, 2009, 11:01 AM
You can also reprt the broken website to Mozilla: go help > report broken web site. I don't know how much it will help though.

t-mo_
April 29th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Can you get the viruses and malware, too? In my opinion it is a incomplete emulation. Where is the Windows feeling? What became of all the fun fighting against the evil viruses?:lolflag:

Excedio
April 29th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Damn, thats racism!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_v63oTveUEGI/SVzd-H9APqI/AAAAAAAAHpU/PwIS_ZuLzYo/s400/race_card.gif