PDA

View Full Version : When Will I be able to order Ubuntu CDs?

Dr.Vista
April 29th, 2009, 02:31 AM
The ShipIt website is offline saying to retry again later. Does anyone exactly know when the CDs are going to be available?

Dr Small
April 29th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Who knows. I preordered mine right before the release of 9.04 and I keep checking back to see if they've shipped it yet, but they've still got the website offline. I hope I get it sometime soon, though.

Vitamin-Carrot
April 29th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Can someone please burn an ISO off and mail the disks to these poor souls .... I would do it myself but I live in New Zealand

jordanae
April 29th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Can someone please burn an ISO off and mail the disks to these poor souls .... I would do it myself but I live in New Zealand

There is no kinder community than Ubuntu's XD

gymophett
April 29th, 2009, 05:05 AM
I might think about mailing you guys the ISO CDs. :)
But I'll have to sneak to the post office so my mom won't think I'm talking to some rapist or what not. :P

Why can't you burn your own ISO? Is there a problem with the system?

I live in Louisiana, so I can mail within the US, and it isn't going to cost me but a couple of bucks.

EDIT: Can you do a upgrade?

Dr Small
April 29th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Why can't you burn your own ISO? Is there a problem with the system?

Bandwidth caps. That should explain the entire situation.

I live in Louisiana, so I can mail within the US, and it isn't going to cost me but a couple of bucks.
I'm just going to wait it out on Shipit and wait for them to send me the official CD with cover art and all. I make it a habit to collect them all :)

CJ Master
April 30th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Shipit's up. :)