PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Acer Aspire One

and1bskbl72
April 29th, 2009, 02:14 AM
It's nice and low power consumption, battery life of 7 hours on windows, WOW.

I'm downloading ubuntu 9.04 unr - netbook remix and am going to install it on my 2gb usb drive.

Anyone else out there have one and running netbook remix?

OutOfReach
April 29th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Currently using UNR on my Aspire One. Everything is working fine, except that sometimes wifi doesn't work after suspend but I'm trying to solve that now. Everything works out of the box, no problems here :)

vegetarianshrimp
April 29th, 2009, 02:25 AM
I have jaunty on my dell mini 9

sefs
April 29th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Intrepid 8.10 full on mine, dual-booted with xp.

and1bskbl72
April 29th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Can you run and install the same programs from package manager on netbook remix as if it were on the full version of ubuntu?

For example, I use GnuCash and I would like it on the netbook remix.

OutOfReach
April 29th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Yes you can

mc4100
April 29th, 2009, 03:08 AM
It's nice and low power consumption, battery life of 7 hours on windows, WOW.

I'm downloading ubuntu 9.04 unr - netbook remix and am going to install it on my 2gb usb drive.

Anyone else out there have one and running netbook remix?

It works well with the remix.

... but more importantly, 7 hours; do you have a third-party 9-cell battery or something? I'm getting one delivered, but with the supplied stock one I get the same ~3 hours on my AAO with both Ubuntu and Windows.

and1bskbl72
April 29th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Anyone running netbook remix 9.04 know the battery life on full charge for Acer Aspire One.

In windows i'm getting about 6 hours, just would like to know what it will be on u.n.r.

pwnst*r
April 29th, 2009, 03:22 AM
you could have kept this to that one thread.

**and there you have it, folks**

and1bskbl72
April 29th, 2009, 03:58 AM
It works well with the remix.

... but more importantly, 7 hours; do you have a third-party 9-cell battery or something? I'm getting one delivered, but with the supplied stock one I get the same ~3 hours on my AAO with both Ubuntu and Windows.

Mc,

I think I have the 6 cell battery hence the double battery life, I assume you have the 3 cell one. Btw, I didn't know there were third-party 9 cell batteries. Wow, I could go 9 hours without pluggin in. But anyway, the 6-cell is perfect.

mc4100
April 29th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Wow, I could go 9 hours without pluggin in. But anyway, the 6-cell is perfect.
Ya, it's a three-cell I had originally.

I say "third party", but I believe they're sourced from the same people who supply Acer their batteries.
I got mine off Amazon UK (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_ce?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=Replacement-Extended-Battery-7800mAh-Acer&x=0&y=0).
Note: Huge in size -- exactly like if you stuck three normal ones together, and very heavy. But fantastic performance for when you're on the go.