PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with Gnome Do

jjblackfox
April 28th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I have two current problems with my Gnome Do. The more annoying problem is that when I try to search for an application, i.e firefox, it does not show up.

To open firefox, I have to fully type in "firefox" and hit run, else it suggests copy to clipboard. However, on my friends computer if he types in "fi", he gets a firefox logo and the suggestion to run firefox.

Secondly, my images are much lower resolution in comparison.

I have the same version of Gnome Do as my friends (.0.8.1.3)

I tried removing it with Synaptic and re installing it, but no luck.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=i35v06&s=5

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jjblackfox
May 2nd, 2009, 02:40 AM
bump

PhrygianCat
May 2nd, 2009, 03:13 AM
Secondly, my images are much lower resolution in comparison.

Do you use compiz? Mine was running at lower res, tho not quite looking like yours until I enable compiz which automatically asked me to install nvidia driver

jjblackfox
May 2nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
Do you use compiz? Mine was running at lower res, tho not quite looking like yours until I enable compiz which automatically asked me to install nvidia driver

Yes, I am using compiz. I solved the problem, it was my theme that had low res images.I used a new theme and the images are crisp. The more annoying problem is still there though; the gnome-do's suggestions are terrible.

forcotton
May 2nd, 2009, 07:41 PM
Gnome-do will need a while to learn your habits I think. It will pick up firefox with 'fi' after you use gnome-do to start firefox for a few times.

jjblackfox
May 5th, 2009, 12:32 AM
My friend's gnome do worked correctly as soon as we installed it. I've been using it to open up firefox and gedit over and over, but it's still not recognizing it.

I tried to remove it by doing a complete removal via synaptic and re-installing it, but it keeps my preferences which may be screwing it up. Even though I completely removed it, when I re install it gnome-do remembers that I changed the keybinding to summon it, and it remembers what style I wanted. Is there a way to completely remove it, including the preferences?

PhrygianCat
May 5th, 2009, 04:10 AM
After you removed Gnome-Do, did you clean up gnome-do folder in ~/.gconf/apps/ before reinstalling it again?

jjblackfox
May 5th, 2009, 05:57 AM
That worked to get rid of the keybindings and the style, but it still remembered the plugins that were installed. It's really frustrating because I just finished installing all the themes on my computer that I like, so my computer is almost perfect just can't get this to work; gnome-do just refuses to find programs that are installed :x

Thanks for all your help so far though, never though of checking under ~/.gconf/apps/

jjblackfox
May 8th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Bump

jjblackfox
May 11th, 2009, 06:14 AM
bump

jjblackfox
May 15th, 2009, 07:14 PM
bump