PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.04 Upgrade button Not Found

SomeoneKnows
April 28th, 2009, 06:51 PM
The upgrade instructions on http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading describes running Update Manager to get the 9.04 Upgrade button.

I am not getting the upgrade button when using System->Administration->UpdateManager. Everytime I run this it says “Your system is up-to-date” and does not show anything about the 9.04 Ubuntu upgrade.

I am using Ubuntu 8.04. What is going wrong with my UpdateManager?

cariboo
April 28th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Press Alt-F2 and type:

gksu update-manager -d

This should allow you to update to 8.10 which you need to do first, before upgrading to 9.04

SomeoneKnows
April 28th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Press Alt-F2 and type:

gksu update-manager -d

This should allow you to update to 8.10 which you need to do first, before upgrading to 9.04

I tried running the command line like you suggested but when the Update Manager runs is still doesn't give any notification that an upgrade is possible.

It continues to display that my system is up-to-date without an Upgrade button.

snowpine
April 28th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Are you, by any chance, using the pre-installed "Dellbuntu" on a Dell Mini?

If so, 8.04 is the most recent version of Dellbuntu, and your system is up to date.

If not, please ignore my post. :)

Maheriano
April 28th, 2009, 07:30 PM
If you go into your Software Sources, there's an option in there for what to show in the Updates window. If you don't choose to show release updates then they won't be shown. I had to do this when upgrading from 8.04 to 8.1, otherwise I couldn't get the upgrade button neither.

SomeoneKnows
April 28th, 2009, 07:37 PM
If you go into your Software Sources, there's an option in there for what to show in the Updates window. If you don't choose to show release updates then they won't be shown. I had to do this when upgrading from 8.04 to 8.1, otherwise I couldn't get the upgrade button neither.

That solved my missing Upgrade button. Thanks...