PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Blank file operations box

markofealing
April 28th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Just upgraded a laptop from 8.10 to 9.04, upgrade went okay but notice I now get a blank file operations box when doing file copies and the laptop gets very slow.

Found this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1122977&highlight=nautilus+file+operations which is exactly the same problem regards the blank file operations box, anyone know of a fix as this is really annoying?

markofealing
April 28th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Just done a file copy from CD to disk, not only does the laptop not display File Operations properly, but the whole GNOME interface runs like a dog and is effectively unusable. It would seem that 100% of the CPU resources are being used for file copying killing the performance of anything else which is running at the time.

After the file copy completed the GNOME interface (xorg I assume) was unusable with none of the menus working and unable to power down the laptop properly. Even CTRL+ALT+Backspace failed to work. Only solution is to power off the laptop with the on/ off switch and restart.

Looks like Ubuntu 9.04 is one giant FAIL, so I won't be upgrading my other PCs from 8.10 until this is resolved!