PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Multitude of Errors in update/installation

Pipette Monkey
April 28th, 2009, 06:15 PM
So at this point, I've about given up hope on upgrading to Jaunty. I had Intrepid installed (upgraded from Hardy, can't remember if Hardy was also an upgrade) and running without any problems. I did the online update through the update manager. After the update, the computer would freeze every couple minutes. I figured the problem was with the update, so I decided to do a clean install from CD. I burned the CD on another computer and verified that it didn't have any errors. However, the CD fails the integrity check on the computer I want to update, and has an input/output error when copying system files if I try to install anyways. I've also tried installing without a CD by following these instructions https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromLinux but have the same input/out error as with a CD. I've since installed Hardy on the computer since I had a CD laying around, and that went off without a hitch.
I'm guessing this may be an issue with Jaunty not liking my hardware. Are there any known issues or suggestions to deal with this?

Motherboard:XFX MB-N650-IUL9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i Ultra ATX Intel Motherboard
Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
Video Card:MSI NX7300LE-TD128EH GeForce 7300LE 128MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card
DVD Drive:LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model LH-20A1L-05
Hard Drive:Western Digital Caviar SE WD2000JS 200GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive

wpshooter
April 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Have you tried burning the ISO image at a slower speed ?