PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Terminal character display trouble in Compiz

thunderboltz
April 28th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I recently installed compiz on my laptop, and everything has been running swell, but for the terminal.

When commands are entered in the terminal, some of them get masked by a black bar, as shown in the attached screenshot. I'm guessing that the bar is the input cursor that failed to refresh as it moved across the screen while I was typing.

When I press enter, the command does get executed, and the blocks are removed.

The current compiz refresh rate is 60 Hz, which is the same as that of my monitor. I'm using Debian Lenny, and have an nVidia GeForce 9200 graphics card (512 MB) and 4 GB RAM.

Can someone please help me out? :confused:

thunderboltz
April 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Is it all right to set the refresh rate of compiz to a much higher value than the refresh rate of my monitor? Will it damage the screen?

thunderboltz
May 24th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Anybody has any idea why this is happening? I've switched off compiz because of this.

Manu311
May 31st, 2009, 09:04 PM
Hi,

I've just downgraded from squeeze back to lenny - so I can install compiz :p.
And I've got the same problem as you, but I was able 2 use google and found this page:
http://blog.xupeng.me/2009/04/07/window-doesnt-redraw-correctly-when-using-compiz/

I did the first 3 steps and it seems like the problem has been fixed. Try it yourself, maybe it will help you.

thunderboltz
June 1st, 2009, 06:29 PM
Thanks! I'll try that out and let you know.