PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution-Exchange broken since Jaunty upgrade

belim
April 28th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Ok so I upgraded to Jaunty by means of a fresh install. Everything so far is great. Only issue is the evolution-exchange plugin is broken again!...

I have found a bug which was opened for 7.04 back in June 07. See here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution-exchange/+bug/119886. This is my exact problem, except it seemed to be resolved while I was running 8.10 (I cant say before that as I only switched to Ubuntu recently).

It is massively annoying and I am actually considering moving back to 8.10 as I need exchange support and it is irritating to say the least having to run a VM for outlook! :lolflag:

I dont understand why it has gone from being fixed to being broken in a newer version?! I have done all proposed updates and still no fix and apparently I shouldn't downgrade evolution, is that right?

Other than that though, Jaunty is great! :) :lolflag: Thats why I am so annoyed about the fact that I might need to downgrade... Any suggestions? :)

Morm
April 29th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Have you tried using the evolution-mapi extension? It worked for me after renaming /etc/samba/smb.conf (as mentioned in another post)

garymansell
May 1st, 2009, 04:03 PM
Hi,

I can confirm that Evolution Exchange Connector has regressed from working fine in 8.10 to very unstable in 9.04.

This is a real nuisance as in an office environment, Exchange Connector is critical.

Any ideas? I presume it would be too much of an effort to try and shoehorn the 8.10 version of Exchange into 9.04?

Rgds

djcrash1981
May 15th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Hey there, I'm having the same issue here.

Anyone knows how to solve it??