PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Misterious Log Out and Annoying Pidgin Notification

rfs1970
April 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Hi There,

I have a notebook (HP Pavilion dv5000 with 1gb ram and 80gb hd), and I installed ubuntu 9.04 from zero in one of my partitions.

Everything works very well, and I am pretty happy with the new version.

I just need help to solve 2 issues:

1) Sometimes (even when my notebook is connected to the power supplier), my session just end and the system log me out for no reason.

2) I see a notification for every single contact that I have in Pidgin that comes on line or go off line... its so annoy! is there anything that I could do to avoid this kind of notification?

Any help is more than welcome,
Thank you !

khc
April 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM
2) I see a notification for every single contact that I have in Pidgin that comes on line or go off line... its so annoy! is there anything that I could do to avoid this kind of notification?

Disable the libnotify plugin which became the default on jaunty

rfs1970
April 28th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Disable the libnotify plugin which became the default on jaunty

Hi Khc!
thank you for your reply.

How can I disable the libnotify plugin?

shatterblast
April 28th, 2009, 10:21 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1134697

I don't use Pidgin, but apparently, there's something in the software that says "plugins".

rfs1970
May 1st, 2009, 02:16 AM
Thank you my friend!
It solve my problem.

;)

psypher
May 18th, 2009, 08:46 AM
thanks for that. but i actually like seeing replies when i'm chatting to someone and my focus is not on the chat window. so instead of turning libnotify off completely just click on configure (in plugins @ libnotify) and adjust the settings the way you like :D