PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] jaunty worked now can't login for kde

Badcrumble
April 28th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Running Kubuntu on an advent 4211 absolutely no problems until upgraded to jaunty jacalopes yesterday. Install went fine and machine appeared to work well after. This morning when I booted up system tries to start kde then goes to 'welcome to localhost.localdomain' screen in KDE where it gives my user name, after entering password it tries to start fails and returns to this screen. can do a console login as root ok and even run STARTX. Loged on as user ran STARTX my icons etc come up, internet doesn't work, kt network manager won't work, new network widget won't detect wifi...What might be broken please?HELP!
Am really fedup, had a beautifully working machine, now broken...trusted upgrade now guess I'll have to reinstall 8.10 and start from scratch...thanks a million Jaunty deveopers...

dhirajkhanna
April 29th, 2009, 03:14 AM
I have exactly the same problem. Help!

abn91c
April 29th, 2009, 04:24 AM
is there anything listed in applications>system>hardware drivers
I had the same issue with my wireless on my desktop(belkin 54g usb) and my laptop(broadcom 43xx wireless) had to reactivate the broadcom drivers and remove old network widget and add the new version network manager widget to get it to work

bmw
May 11th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Sorry to flame but if we could log in we would do that.