PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm... Maybe ive got an idea.

xequence
January 8th, 2006, 03:07 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=113333

They inquired about making a linux ad campaign.

Now, I thought of an idea. Ill make a contest. You make a banner image for advertising any open source product. (Linux/Ubuntu, Apache, Gimp, whatever you want, or maybe advertise open source in general).

And we can get some people to judge the best. And we can get some people who have a website to put it up there. (Idea came around when I thought of putting a banner of this sort on a forum I am hoping to make sometime.)

Any ideas on this? Should I do it? If people think I should hold this contest ill get to work making the rules and stuff.

earobinson
January 8th, 2006, 03:14 AM
go for it.... we just need to make sure we are getting the right users, not the kind of person who will turn away with one little problem, otherwise we will just give linux and ubuntu a bad name.

Iandefor
January 8th, 2006, 03:21 AM
And we can get some people who have a website to put it up there. (Idea came around when I thought of putting a banner of this sort on a forum I am hoping to make sometime.) I've got a friend who owes me hosting space. I'd been planning on using it for a personal web page, but I can check with my friend and see how much space I can reasonably leech off of him for this. Warning, though: it's a sub-domain for a CS clan's web page.

xequence
January 8th, 2006, 03:27 AM
go for it.... we just need to make sure we are getting the right users, not the kind of person who will turn away with one little problem, otherwise we will just give linux and ubuntu a bad name.

Maybe an idea is to put something like "New. Fresh. Different." or another thing to imply its different then what the person already uses.

I've got a friend who owes me hosting space. I'd been planning on using it for a personal web page, but I can check with my friend and see how much space I can reasonably leech off of him for this. Warning, though: it's a sub-domain for a CS clan's web page.

You mean put the winners banner on your site? Thatd be great :)

Iandefor
January 8th, 2006, 03:46 AM
You mean put the winners banner on your site? Thatd be great :) Yeah, should be no problem. My idea was to put the banners and "honourable mentions" or something. Well, follow up with me later. I've still got to get into contact with my friend again- he got a computer that's good for CS for Christmas and I haven't talked to him since :-D.