PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgraded to Jaunty: now inPHPmyadmin, can't log in as root (but I can in other GUIs)

leenwebb
April 27th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I upgraded to Jaunty over the weekend and now I can't log in to PHPmyadmin as root.

I can log in as root (with no/blank password*) through the command line and other GUIs (so I know the password -- or lack thereof -- is correct), AND I can log in as other DB users through PHPmyadmin (so it's not that the whole PHPMyAdmin program/interface is broken).

* I know, I know... but it's my own personal dev machine and not accessible via the web.

But I like PHPMyAdmin and would like to be able to log in as root there in order to create new databases and whatnot.

Thoughts? Thanks!

zoomzoom833
May 1st, 2009, 03:25 AM
I had the same problem on two machines. My password was blank, and I fixed it by setting one.

I think phpmyadmin might be balking on the blank password

unco
May 4th, 2009, 04:45 AM
I have same problem, having just setup new install of Xubuntu Jaunty. The exact same setup process on Ibex works fine.

Problem: try to log into phpmyadmin as root (blank password) just gives 'Access denied'.

Tried: login to phpmyadmin as phpmyadmin (blank password) and gets in fine. So not related to blank password.

Can login to MySQL Admin GUI using root (blank password).

Any ideas?

Jonne
May 14th, 2009, 04:53 PM
this (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1476548&postcount=5) post saved my bacon, in case you people are still wondering how to fix it.

It seems like phpmyadmin REQUIRES a password, so you just set one, no matter how easy.