PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution not importing CSV Calendar export from XP

spasticnapjerk
April 27th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get my XP Outlook Calendar .csv export file to import into Evolution? The import runs but nothing is imported. Should I re-save the .csv in some ubuntu app and try again?

wolfv6
June 21st, 2009, 10:57 AM
I am having the same problem.

I followed the instructions on Evolution Help > 1.6.2.3. Exporting your calendar:
1. Open Outlook and press File > Import and Export...
2. The Import and Export Wizard will start. Select the option Export to a file and then press Next.
3. Select Comma Separated Values (DOS) and press Next
4. Select the Calendars folder and press Next. Then, choose where to save the file and press Next.
5. A screen listing Actions to be performed will be shown. Press Finish to export your contacts to the location you selected in the previous step.

The .CVS files looked good in text view, so I tried to import the .CVS files into Evolution:
Evolution > File > Import > Edit > Import a single file > File type: Outlook CVC (.cvs) > Personal > Import

Importing did not generate any error messages, but the appointments do not appear in the Evolution calendar:confused:.

I still have access to Outlook, so I can export the contacts in another format if necessary. Emails and Contacts migrated successfully via Thunderbird.

Has anyone successfully imported an Outlook calendar into Evolution?

Thank you.