PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] aic94xx firmware issues after jaunty install

mmontg1
April 27th, 2009, 04:20 AM
After fresh jaunty install on linux software raid /, /boot, and swap, boot fails an drops me to busybox complaining about the root device not being available. After turning off quiet boot, I see that the aic94xx firmware is failing to load on boot with this:

aic94xx: Failed to load sequencer firmware file aic94xx-seq.fw, error -2

The firmware is in /lib/firmware, and I've manually copied it to /lib/firmware/2.6.28-*-generic and reran 'update-initramfs' on the kernel, verifying that it's adding aic94xx, and it's firmware to the initramfs. No luck.

There are lots of mentions of this querying google, but nothing has pointed me to a solution.

This same custom built machine worked without issues with hardy, and intrepid, but after an upgrade, it fails to boot with this error. Figured I'd backup my important data, and simply do a fresh install, but still no luck.

Any advice would be quite welcome.

Thanks

mmontg1
May 5th, 2009, 03:11 AM
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/315763

Bugged above...

mmontg1
May 21st, 2009, 08:50 PM
Anyone have any clues as to how this can be fixed? Another confirmation was put into the launchpad bug, but nothing more.

Thanks

kylemallory
June 3rd, 2009, 06:07 AM
We need this fixed. It was workable, if troublesome to configure pre-jaunty, but it seems to be outright broken now.