PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] AR242x Wirless button on HP G60

JoaoMachado
April 26th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I recently purchased a new HP G60 Laptop...Intel T4200 2.0GHZ Dual Core, 2 Gig RAM, Intel Graphics (Not sure which one, lspci just says "00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)".

Jaunty, install perfect in dual boot with Vista, there are only two issues, one is the flicker when in full screen mode, not a biggie, Launchpad is aware of this issue.

Second, is the Wireless button just above the keyboard, in Vista, it turns Blue when the wireless is on and orange when it is off.

In Ubuntu, it is always orange, if I press it, it will turn off the wireless card but will not turn back on. I have to reboot into Vista and turn it on, shut down and reboot into Ubuntu and all is fine.

It uses the Atheros AR242x wireless card.

Any ideas on how to set up the button?

John

locosmurf
May 4th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I'm having a similer problem with my wireless button on the same model. Simply, I can't use it. It stays orange and doesn't conrol wireless at all. Google returns no help I'm afraid. Any ideas?

JoaoMachado
May 5th, 2009, 12:28 AM
I'm having a similer problem with my wireless button on the same model. Simply, I can't use it. It stays orange and doesn't conrol wireless at all. Google returns no help I'm afraid. Any ideas?

I have not found anything since my post..I am just glad I kept Vista..if you push it, the only way to turn it back on is to boot into Vista.

I am sure there is a script/config file that needs to be writen or changed, unfortunately that is beyond my current abilities.

Joao

locosmurf
May 5th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I'm sure there is too, but I can't find it. And I can't script yet. So for right now I guess we're stuck, huh?

jack_hmr
September 4th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I have a g60-249wm. In Jaunty holding the wireless button down for about a second (instead of momentarily) will enable wireless. The button stays orange though.