PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Slow Internet Connection and Timeout Occurs Since 9.04 Upgrade

constituent
April 26th, 2009, 11:10 PM
I know that I am not alone in this. My wireless INTERNET connection using 8.10 (Intrepid) was almost flawless. The only time I had connection issues was because of my IP provider. Using Firefox (3.0.9), my connections are mostly slower than before, or they time out. I have Opera 9.6 installed, and I must say that I have less of a problem with Opera, yet even with this browser, it is still not as good as before. From all the posts I am reading, many of you have similar, if not the same issues. I read talk about a patch is in the works, although I have not found one yet. From what I am reading, I should be grateful that I have INTERNET at all with this new upgrade. Lesson learned: Never upgrade until it has been out at least one month. And the crazy thing here is, I really know better. At the time I did the upgrade, it was late, I was tired, and I did not care at that moment of the consequences. If someone would like to answer this question for me, how easy or difficult is it for me to re-install 8.10 without formatting? Not saying I am going to. Most likely just going to wait for a fix. To those of you reading this - Thanks!:)