PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to Ubuntu 9.4 power failure

florenzo23
April 26th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I'm a new linux convert (still not really sure what I'm doing with it but keen to learn) . I recently tried to upgrade my Ubuntu OS from 8.10 to 9.04. Mid-way through the installation process a complete loss of power in my laptop occurred (no idea why but its not teh first time, only been happening since I sintalled Ubuntu). I managed to eventually get back into ubuntu after various error messages and tried to run a partial installation from the update manager but it only goes as far as the install section (where it asks my permission). Once permission is granted the window simply closes and nothing happens.

Programs are not running properly at all but im sure this is just due to the unfortunate crash of my computer. Any ideas of how to complete the upgrade and make everything right again?

Many thanks

florenzo23
April 27th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I've just managed to do a partial install from a CD but the compizconfig settings are still not being applied and the firefox icon at the top will not launch firefox even after I've redirected it to where the application is. Is there some sort of check I can perform to firstly check that the version of Ubuntu is up to date and secondly search for errors?