PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Acer Aspire 7530g and ubuntu

reni90
April 26th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Hello to all, i am new at linux.
I just installed ubuntu on my laptop and i have a few questions
First of all, i would like to know does anyone has the same laptop and ubuntu on it, so he can add me on msn and help by fixing some problems
1.Audio problem, i have realtake hd audio, i have sound but it is not high enought (sory for bad english), i know on vista it i was able to increase it so it was really loud but here even i increase on volumen control at maximum it`s not like on windows, i can hear sound but it`s not same qualiti. Also i have the problem that i can use headphones, only the integrate speakers work.
2. Integrated camera and microphone, the camera is i think crystal eye, i don't know what tipe is the microphone, however i cant get them work.
3.I have fingerprint, i would like to be able to use it on ubuntu if it`s posible but that is not so important.

reni90
April 28th, 2009, 10:59 AM
bump
anyone?

reni90
May 6th, 2009, 02:52 PM
somehow i managet the sound and it`s now really working good but i have another problem i cant make the microphone worke, its integrated in the laptop and when i try to record sound i just hear some noisy sound, can someone help me with this microphone

Bad Boy Bubby
May 6th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Hi

I have a new Acer 6930g I have read that the microphone is not yet supported/working in ubuntu. I take it you are talking about the one built in next to the Crystal Eye webcam.

reni90
May 8th, 2009, 05:25 PM
yes it's that one