PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.04 - Gnome Commander and Krusader missing in Add/Remove

TDK800
April 26th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Ubuntu 9.04 - Gnome Commander and Krusader missing in Add/Remove :(

Other than that, 9.04 is... WOW! All the things that were frustrating about the GUI have been fixed.

Also, read something about the UFW firewall now being included in ubuntu... is it? Can't find it.

TDK800
April 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM
and where's the ssh terminal client, can't find it in menus anymore.

cariboo
April 26th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Have you got all the repositories selected in System-->Administration-->Software Sources. I have everything enabled, and I found all the programs you are missing using synaptic.

TDK800
April 26th, 2009, 08:40 PM
It works now... weird, installed some ssh apps to try out and after that it started finding krusader and gnome commander also... terminal still missing from startup menus... i've been on windows gui past 6 months - how can i get a "linux command prompt" or run command dialog where i could type in "ssh" to get the terminal

HavocXphere
April 26th, 2009, 08:44 PM
btw...Krusader 2 has been released. The last version I saw in the repos (8.10 repos) was a beta. So make sure you get the right one.

TDK800
April 26th, 2009, 08:51 PM
found ssh

thanks for the krusader tip, the about says Version 2.0.0 "Mars Pathfinder", so must be full version in repos now.

p.s. (feature request?) unable to automatically unrar password protected .rar file in Krusader, doesn't prompt for password, just says access denied.

EDIT: unrar'd the same rar file, which was without password, on terminal with unrar, no problems... so must be a bug or krusader installed on gnome with permissions that don't allow access to files in desktop folder.