PDA

View Full Version : Should Aya or Kubuntu's Modified Oxygen Be The Default Theme In Kubuntu?

Grant A.
April 26th, 2009, 03:00 PM
While the Kubuntu team's modified oxygen theme looks nice, there just seems to be a disunity seeing as it has the black menu, blue dock, and white Windows of the Oxygen theme. So my question is, should the Aya plasma theme or the modified Oxygen theme be the default plasma theme in Kubuntu?

Aya is on the left, the Kubuntu team's modified Oxygen theme on the right.

tbroderick
April 26th, 2009, 03:18 PM
While the Kubuntu team's modified oxygen theme looks nice, there just seems to be a disunity seeing as it has the black menu, blue dock, and white Windows of the Oxygen theme. So my question is, should the Aya plasma theme or the modified Oxygen theme be the default plasma theme in Kubuntu?

That's the default Oxygen plasma theme. Don't think Kubuntu modified it at all. Aya is nice, Mandriva uses it.

floborg
April 26th, 2009, 04:52 PM
You want to change the blue/black taskbar and menu to match the gray windows. How about changing the windows to match the taskbar and menu?

HavocXphere
April 26th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Oxygen....but by a slim margin.

I like the old black bottom panel more than the new blue.

Also, in the screenshots, the right of the bottom panel looks chopped off on the Aya theme.

CraigPaleo
April 26th, 2009, 05:57 PM
If you change the wallpaper, you'll see that the panel isn't really blue. It's translucent.

Grant A.
April 27th, 2009, 03:55 AM
If you change the wallpaper, you'll see that the panel isn't really blue. It's translucent.

Even with that being so, it still doesn't match the rest of the theme very well.

Icehuck
April 27th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Even with that being so, it still doesn't match the rest of the theme very well.

If you turn off compositing it will be black. It is only translucent when compositing is on.

Firestem4
April 27th, 2009, 04:10 AM
I prefer the Oxygen theme over Aya, but it is not my preferred plasma theme. Up until recently it was but I found a great one called Seamless. My biggest problem with most themes are the ugly borders around most widgets. Seamless makes all widgets borderless and translucent. Its great =)