PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lamp option doesn't install AMP...

kevin1162
April 26th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hi,

For the last year i've been setting up ubuntu lamp servers throughout my company. I'm not an expert but i can run through the install and get everything setup.

Since i started doing this whenever i select the LAMP 'server option' i only get the base system installed (no apache mysql php). I would either go through and setup everything individually or more recently use 'tasksel install lamp-server'.

I'd really like to not have to do the extra steps after setting up the system, can anyone tell me why only the base system is installing?

The hardware i'm using is different everytime... Dell 1U servers, dekstop grade PC's, workstations, etc... Some new, some old, but same result every time. No lamp.

Thanks

Vegan
April 27th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I know, I had to manually install the LAMP stack after the basic installation. No big deal, but it takes time when you have 10,000 machines to set up.

kevin1162
April 28th, 2009, 04:19 PM
well at least i'm not the only one...lol

BKonkle
April 28th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Take a look at Tasksel - you can simply run `sudo tasksel` and select LAMP server, and it should automatically install the stack through apt-get and configure it for you.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tasksel

kevin1162
May 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM
that's what i've been doing after running the install CD.

Works fine but i would like the LAMP option to install when i select it during setup, was wondering why it doesn't.