PDA

View Full Version : I'm 75%SC 25%EN but trying to use Ubuntu in FR! in England you say?

jjpcexpert
April 26th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Bonjour.
I would like to announce that my PC will be using multiple languages.

lisati
April 26th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I have un petit peu of one or two langauges. Je ne sais pourquoi, ou te alofa la'u pele manamea. Ko taku iwi ko Ngati pihau Pakeha.

Ticketoride
April 26th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I downloaded the Final Ubu 9.04 Release from Swaziland, Africa 'cause I knew everybody was downing from Europe & N.A. Took but 20 Minutes to come down the Tube during the Peak of the Rush.

Fortunately it didn't install in Swahili ... :lol:

SunnyRabbiera
April 26th, 2009, 12:27 PM
The coolest thing about linux is that its easier to download language packs when you need them, much easier in my experience then in windows

jjpcexpert
April 26th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I agree.
(put your Frenchening witty little message here)

SuperSonic4
April 26th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Normally, I only use English but sometimes I change an application to French or German because I find it amusing xD

Normalement, je n'utiliserais que l'anglais mais quelquefois je change un application au français ou a l'allemand parce que je le trouve amusant XD

mingtien
April 26th, 2009, 06:46 PM
UK English Ubuntu with a USA English keyboard, avec des extensions en français, sur un ordinateur de Taiwan, que j'ai acheté à Hong Kong that I use for my work in Thailand :)

So: --
UK English - whatever I write
US English keyboard (because the notebook's keyboard is laid out that way)
French language pack -- so I can write letters to old friends
Thai keyboard -- for when my better half uses the computer

I installed French today, and was VERY impressed when Add/Remove automatically got French language packs for everything that would require them!