PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.10 -> 9.04 video, network, resolution problems

namtrak
April 26th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Ive got a number of problems, some of which are associated with Ubuntu and my laptop.

I have a Dell inspiron 1100 with an integrated video card. I have read of the issues with these and I did sort of have my issues addressed with 8.10 but after upgrading I am back to square one and a bit worse in some ways.

1. I only have 2 options for screen resolution 800 by 600 and 640 by 480. I have been mucking around with the xorg but to no avail. I did have this issue with 8.10 but managed to sort this out - back to square one now.

2. I have a large black border (say an inch or so) around the screen which reduces my viewing comfort remarkably. I also sorted this out in 8.10 but cant fix it with 9.10

3. This is my biggest problem, is some times it logs into a blank screen, I think the option to login is there but there is no video support. No idea on this one - and I would like to sort this out first.

4. Every now and then I lose my wireless access, i think it is telling me there is no wireless card - this is all a bit random.

Any suggestions on these much appreciated

Cheers