PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a Happy Noob

Puptentacle
January 7th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Hi! I'm Pup. I'm three weeks deep in Ubuntu and I LOVE IT! (almost)Everything has gone well so far. The install was flawless, with only one notable exception (that I won't go into here) all the package installs have been going well and I'm a happy camper.

I want to give a big shout out to the folks in #ubuntu on IRC. They have given me a ton of help.

Also a shout to everyone here. I'm learning a lot just reading everyone's posts here, and I'm looking forward to learning a ton more.

And to everyone involved in development for Ubuntu...THANKS!! GREAT OS!!!

bonzodog
January 7th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Just to say hi, and the forums has its own channel - #ubuntuforums on freenode. Feel free to join us in there. Hope you enjoy your experiences, don't be afraid to ask questions, but research it first on here, as you probably won't be the first.

Puptentacle
January 8th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the howdy. You'll definitely see me in the irc room. Not on irc terribly much (I'm too busy right now learning Bash!) but I'll definitely check it out.

Derek Djons
January 8th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Nice to hear everything went sweet. Another prove that Ubuntu has quite a good development team behind the computers.

gravediggers
January 8th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Welcome Pup!

Not without my own share of prolems too, but the forum definitely rocks!

christhemonkey
January 8th, 2006, 06:51 PM
definately cheers guys (and gals!) :D