PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN and HP dv5

informer2000
April 25th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Hi,

I don't know if this is the correct category to post this. I'm having problems with the wireless connection of my HP dv5-1138 laptop. I'm able to connect to the wireless router but there's always this initial delay whenever I issue an HTTP request or navigate to a new site/page. It's as if the connection is intermittent and the wireless LED keeps blinking in an irritating way. This is not a problem with the connection itself because the connection is working great in Vista with no delays.

I first had this problem with Fedora 10 (along with other issues). After installing Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex everything was working great. A couple of days ago I installed some system update I think and the problem is back. Same symptoms. I don't know what's happening. It is really annoying. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about what may be causing this and how to fix it?

informer2000
April 28th, 2009, 06:16 AM
OK, it seems that the problem was in the wireless router itself this time. :redface: I restarted it and everything is working as it used to. Sorry for that, I should've checked the router first.